The American Hospital Dubai
Getting a Specialist to Review Your Medical Case and Provide a Second Medical Opinion Has Never Been Easier.
What is Included in the SMO
SMO Package Cost
- 1) Detailed Case Review by a Specialist at American Hospital Dubai
- 2) Detailed SMO Report
- 3) Online Video Consultation with Specialist
How It Works
No wasting time trying to figure out a good hospital… No waiting for weeks to get feedback… No Travel Required…
Contact us via the “Get A Detailed Second Opinion Now From American Hospital Dubai” button or WhatsApp us to start the process of getting a second opinion.
SUBMIT MEDICAL REPORTS
An IMT Case Manger will review all your information & medical records submitted.
Once all information collected is sufficient to send to the specialist at American Hospital Dubai for the second opinion, we will share a secure payment link with you to make the payment via debit card or credit card.
Once the payment has been received, we will share all your medical reports and information with the chosen specialist at American Hospital Dubai.
The specialist will review all the information provided and compile a detailed second opinion within 3-5 business days.
During this time, we may ask for more information if the specialist has requested.
DETAILED SECOND OPINION SHARED
Your IMT Case Manager will share with you the Detailed Second Opinion and set up a time for you to discuss with the specialist on a telemedicine consultation.
ONLINE TELEMEDICINE CONSULTATION
Log on and have your telemedicine consultation online at the agreed time with the specialist to discuss your case and allow you to ask any questions.
Scope of Services
- Ablation Therapy
- Cochlear Implant
- Cardiac Surgery / Cardiac Catheterization
- Diabetes / Endocrinology
- Dietary Counselling
- ENT Surgery
- Gastroenterology / Hepatology
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Imaging
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Nephrology / Dialysis
- Neurology / Neurosurgery
- Obstetrics / Gynaecology
- Oncology / Chemotherapy
- Ophthalmology / Paediatric Ophthalmology
- ENT Surgery
- Palliative Care
- Pathology & Laboratory
- Paediatrics (Children)
- Paediatric Surgery
- Paediatric Allergy and Asthma
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery
- Primary Care
- Radiation Therapy
- Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy
- Vascular Surgery
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some patients may be concerned that obtaining a second opinion may offend their current doctor. However you should not be:
- Your local doctor should not be offended because as they know that an inaccurate diagnoses can have sever consequences for patients and that it is challenging for any one doctor to know about every available option.
- Many doctors around the world will reach out to their colleagues for opinions on the cases, especially when a colleague has experience particular to a patient’s case. Getting a Second Opinion is the same.
- New treatments are appearing very rapidly, and a doctor’s background and experience handling complex cases matters. Not all doctors have such experience and so getting a second opinion can be important.
- Having additional information about your diagnosis and treatment can only be helpful to you. It should be your right to seek a medical second opinion.
A: You may want another opinion to:
- Make sure your diagnosis is right.
- Get advice from a doctor with expertise on your condition.
- Explore other treatment options.
- If you’re considering some new experimental approach or a procedure that involves using experimental instruments or devices.
A: Currently we have specialists that can provide a Second Medical Opinion for most conditions. Contact us today for more information at email@example.com, click on the WhatsApp button or fill in the form and a case manager will get in contact with you to discuss.
A: The cost of getting a Second Medical Opinion with a specialist at American Hospital Dubai is $150 which is inclusive of everything. There are no other added fees or costs.
Once we review all your information and confirm the information is sufficient to share with the specialist at American Hospital Dubai, we will share a secure payment link for you to pay. We send the funds to the hospital. You will not be asked to pay anything else by us or the hospital, guaranteed.
A: You need to have your most recent (at most 6 months) medical records, imaging, pathology slides or any other test results relevant to your condition that will help the Specialist provide a second opinion for you. Please note that the medical records need to be in soft copies (that can be sent via WhastApp/ email).
A: Most patients consider getting a second opinion on the following:
- Heart problems.
- Psychological or mental illness.
- Conditions affecting the brain or spinal cord.
- Congenital defects.
- Sexual problems and diseases affecting the reproductive organs.
Starting the wrong treatment can have severe consequences. While starting treatment quickly is important, starting the wrong treatment can be worse.
We understand your urgency and will work towards you getting a Second Opinion as quickly as possible from one of the specialists at our partner hospitals.
We understand that this can be a real challenge, which is why we have introduced the Second Opinion Service in partnership with some of the world’s leading specialists, without the need to travel.