Robotics Surgery at Apollo Hospitals
Apollo hospitals India are considered the best hospital in robotics surgery in India. The hospital has the latest state-of-the-art robotics surgery technology such as the da Vinci Surgical System which makes surgeries more precise and makes it possible to perform complex surgeries. Apollo hospital has a team of the best robotic surgeons who have significant experience in performing these type of surgery providing patients with the best medical technologies.
Da Vinci Robotic System
The da Vinci robot is a four-armed surgical system which is controlled by a surgeon while monitoring the entire process on a monitor through images sent from a laparoscope. It can be used in the treatments of:
- Cardiology conditions such as coronary artery disease and atrial septal defects
- Urology conditions like congenital defects, bladder, kidney and prostate cancer treatment
- Gynaecology conditions such as endometriosis, multiple fibroids, uterine and cervical cancer treatment
- Gastroenterology and hepatology conditions like liver disease, obesity and gastric cancer treatment
- Colorectal conditions such as colon and rectal cancers, diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis disease, and Crohn’s disease
Renaissance Robotic Surgical System
This procedure is the first in the Asia-Pacific to offer surgical guidance system in performing minimally invasive spine surgery. The system provides precision and accuracy is spine surgery as well as ensuring low radiation level redefining the standard of care for minimally invasive surgeries.
Some of the procedures performed using this robotic system are:
- Scoliosis and other complex spinal deformities
- Open, MIS (Minimally Invasive), and percutaneous posterior thoracolumbar approaches
- Pedicle screws – short and long fusions
- Single Vessel/Multi Vessel Small Thoractormy