Joint Replacement Center At Bumrungrad International Hospital
Bumrungrad International Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand has a separate Joint Replacement Center which specialises in joint replacement surgery performed by a team of 30+ physicians and medical specialists using the most modern medical tools and technologies.
The Joint Replacement Center performs over 400 joint replacement Surgeries each year and has received JCI Disease Care Certification in 2016 benchmarking Bumrungrad against the best centers for joint replacement in the USA.
Bumrungrad International Hospital Offers a Wide Range of Services and Advanced Treatment Options
Types of Joint Replacement Surgery
Knee Replacement Surgery: Total Knee Replacement (TKR)
• Conventional surgery
• Computer-assisted surgery (computer navigation)
• Minimally invasive surgery (MIS)
• Robotic arm (MAKOplasty®) surgery
Knee Replacement Surgery: Partial Knee Arthroplasty (PKA)
• Unicompartmental Knee Arathroplasty (UKA)
• Patellofemoral compartment (PFJ)
Hip Replacement Surgery: Total Hip Replacement Surgery (THR)
• Robotic arm (MAKOplasty®) surgery
Joint Replacement Technology
Computer-assisted Surgery (Computer Navigation) – Some of the advantages include:
• Prevents improper joint alignment and allows for more precise placement than with standard methods.
• Enables surgeons to evaluate the precision of the placement, thus extending the longevity of the replacement joint.
• Achieves an accurate soft tissue balance, thus improving post-operative knee functionality.
• Enables the placement of the implant through a small incision, thus reducing post-operative pain and speeding up the recovery process.
Robotic Arm Assisted Joint Replacement Surgery use the MAKOplasty® Systems – Some of the advantages include:
• Precise artificial joint placement results in less soft tissue trauma and minimal bone resection.
• Artificial knee and hip joints last longer than when implanted with other techniques.
• The patient is generally able to return home quicker.
• In knee replacement surgery, the patient will be able to move their knee naturally since the tendons at the front and behind the knees as well as the surrounding cartilage are not affected during the procedure.
• By performing surgery through the small incision of the minimally invasive surgical technique, the robotic arm enables the surgeon to remove and shave off only the necessary parts of the bone, thus reducing pain and speeding up the recovery process.
Additional Advantages of Utilizing Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgical Techniques:
• Smaller incision than with conventional surgery results in less soft tissue trauma and less scarring.
• Less pain when compared with traditional joint replacement methods.
• Patient generally able to walk within 24 hours after surgery.
• Increased patient safety through less blood loss.
• Shorter hospital stay and quicker recovery.
Joint Replacement Center:
Daily 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Joint Replacement Center: Bumrungrad International Clinic (BIC) Building, 20th floor Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
Highly Experienced Specialists
The Joint Replacement Centre at Bumrungrad International Hospital has won numerous awards and certifications including:
JCI Disease Care Certification in 2016 benchmarking Bumrungrad against the best centers for joint replacement in the USA
Clinical Care Program Certification of Knee Replacement from the Joint Commission International (JCI)
Bumrungrad International Hospital won Orthopaedic Service Provider of the Year in the 2017