Why choose India for your Medical Treatment?
India continues to be one of the leading overseas medical treatment destinations especially because of the affordable, yet high quality medical services offered in some of its hospitals. 20% of all patients in India are international patients from all parts of the world including Africa. In 2015 and 2016, over 400,000 international patients travelled to India to seek medical treatment.
India is the world’s largest democracy with a population of over 1 billion people, 18 million of them living in its capital, New Delhi. Apart from medical tourism, the country is also known for the diverse culture of its people especially that of their religion. Indians speak over 20 languages; however, the official languages are Hindu and English. The Indian currency is known as the Indian Rupee.
What then makes India One of the Leading Overseas Medical Tourism/Treatment destination?
- Affordability: For people who are cost conscious, India is the most favourable destination because it offers high quality affordable medical treatment when compared to other medical tourism destinations.
- Quality: Some hospitals in India offer state-of-the-art facilities that enable then to provide high quality medical treatments to their patients including international patients.
- Experienced specialists: Some hospitals in India have specialists in a wide variety of specialties such as cardiology and oncology who have been trained in the US and Europe and therefore patients have a wide variety of medical services to choose from depending on their needs.
- Accessibility: If you are thinking of going to India for your medical treatment you do not have to worry about long flights because India is only one or two flights away from most countries in Africa.
Why is Apollo Hospital IMT’s Overseas Medical Treatment/Tourism partner in India?
International Medical Treatment Ltd (IMT) works with some of the best hospitals in the world including Apollo Hospital in India. We focus on facilitating the process of getting overseas medical treatment for people across Africa. Apollo Hospital is the largest hospital group in not only India, but the entire continent of Asia.
The hospital receives over 200,000 international patients every year from all parts of the world including Africa. It has over 25 branches in different parts of India serving patients from more than 100 countries. However, IMT only works with the top 6 Apollo Hospitals:
- Apollo Hospital Delhi,
- Apollo Hospital Mumbai,
- Apollo Hospital Chennai,
- Apollo Hospital Ahmedabad,
- Apollo Hospital Bengaluru, and
- Apollo Hospital Hyderabad.
We at IMT, chose to work with Apollo hospital after spending a significant amount of time researching the hospitals that would offer our clients the best quality medical treatment at an affordable cost. Apollo Hospital also won The Hospital of the Year in India by the Global Health and Travel Awards in 2017.
Why you should consider Apollo Hospital for your Overseas Medical Treatment
The factors that make Apollo Hospital a go-to overseas medical treatment destination, are as follows:
1. Advanced medical equipment: The hospital has some of the latest equipment for diagnosis and treatment of a variety of conditions such as the da Vinci Robot System, which is used in performing minimally invasive surgery. Apollo Chennai will also be installing a Proton Therapy system to treat cancers and will be only one of a few hospitals in the world to have this installed and operationally in 2018.
2. Experienced specialists: There are a wide range of specialists working at Apollo Hospital many who have been trained in the US and Europe, offering patients a wide range of quality medical services. Some of the common conditions that international patients seek treatment for are:
- Orthopaedic surgery,
- Neurology, and
3. Accessibility: India is only one or two flights away from most African countries and therefore long flights are not something our clients should worry about if they want to get their overseas medical treatment at Apollo Hospital.
4. Affordability: Apollo hospital is more affordable when compared to most hospitals around the world that offer comparable quality medical treatment and is therefore the go to destination for people who are looking for cost-effective medical treatment.
IMT has a strong relationship with our Apollo Hospital partners in India. We aim at ensuring that all our clients from all over Africa get the treatment they need.
We help our clients by managing the entire process; from getting treatment options and costings from one or more Apollo Hospitals, arranging for visas, scheduling appointments and booking accommodation. An IMT client coordinator will also be available to assist the patient even after travelling for their treatment.
We do not charge for our coordination service. All hospital payments are made directly to the Apollo Hospital a patient choses to get their treatment. The cost of treatment at the hospital will not be any higher if the patient arranges everything on their own or through IMT.