Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgeries at NMC
The aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery department at NMC has qualified and experienced plastic surgeons.
Aesthetic surgery helps people with deformities or unsatisfactory body parts by correcting these deformities.
Reconstructive plastic surgery is concerned mainly with reconstruction of missing or deformed parts of the face, trunks and limbs that could have occurred as a result of congenital defects, burns, trauma and cancer.
The following services are offered at the center:
Other treatments offered at the aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery department include:
- Treatment of acute wounds and chronic ulcers by applying special techniques such as:
• Adjustable Suture Technique
• Skin Grafting
• Flap Coverage
• Tissue expansion
• For hand injuries involving soft tissues, tendons, nerves, blood vessels and bones.
• For burns of the hand and post burn deformities.
• For congenital deformities like Polydactyly, Syndactyly, congenital band syndrome, micro vascular nerve grafts, bone graft and tendon transfers.
• Microtia, Bat Ear deformity, etc.
Reconstruction of post-cancer defects of the:
• Head and neck, Etc;
Other Regional Disorders
• Lymphoedematous legs
• Oculoplastic surgery
• Pressure sores
• Scar revisions
• Treatment of Keloids, etc.
The NMC Hospital has won several awards including: