Experience Asia’s Favourite Medical Destination
Apart from being ranked the 9th Best Hospital in the World along with the leading hospitals in the US and EU, Bumrungrad International Hospital is recognised as one of the world’s top hospitals for medical tourism. Bumrungrad serves over 1.1 million patients annually, with over 520,000 of those being international patients from 190 countries around the world, including many from all over Africa.
This hospital is the largest private medical facility in Southeast Asia with a 580- bed facility, 39 specialty centres, 19 operating theatres, new advanced diagnostic equipment including the Siemens Biograph 64 PET/CT Scanner, a high resolution medical imaging device used for early cancer detection and improved diagnosis. The hospital also has the first automated laboratory, which has enabled it to perform over 3 million tests every year.
Bumrungrad was the first hospital in Asia to obtain JCI accreditation and has consistently been re-accredited since then.
List of Recommended Exceptional Departments and Procedures
Bumrungrad Hospital Horizon Center, is one of the most comprehensive specialty combined Cancer Treatment Centers in Asia. The department includes Medical Oncology (chemotherapy), Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology, Onco-plastic surgery for Breast Cancer, Hospice Care, Cancer Nutrition and will soon be adding Complementary Cancer Treatment options.
1. The Horizon Center, aside from standard chemotherapy offers:
a. Immunotherapy- Ipilimumab, Pembrolizumab, Nivolumab and others
b. Targeted therapies- Trastuzumab, Vemurafinib, Imatinib and others
c. Biological therapies- Monoclonal Antibodies (several)
d. Stem cell Transplant
e. Brachytherapy (radioactive direct implants to tumors)
f. Trans-arterial chemoembolization (TACE) for tumors of the liver
g. VMAT Radiation Therapy planning system for most accurate delivery of radiation treatment
h. DaVinci Robotic Surgery for minimally invasive prostate cancer treatment
2. IBM Watson for Oncology: Bumrungrad is the first hospital in Asia to apply this Artificial Intelligence program to support the choice of best state-of-the-art individual treatment approaches to specific tumors and stages of cancer.
In 2016, 1,478 patients received chemotherapy and 305 patients received Radiation Therapy in the Horizon Center.
Bumrungrad Hospital offers General and Specialty Orthopedic surgery with 70 specialists available in the department who offer treatment for:
1. General Orthopedics
2. Trauma Orthopedics
3. Metabolic bone diseases
4. Pediatric Orthopedics
5. Hand surgery
6. Foot surgery
7. Shoulder surgery
8. Orthopedic Oncology/Cancer
9. Sports Medicine
10. Advanced Arthroscopy and Arthroscopic minimally invasive joint repair
11. Full orthopedic rehabilitation services- inpatient and outpatient
Joint Replacement Center
Bumrungrad Hospital has a separate Joint Replacement Center with 30 physicians available for consultation. The Joint Replacement Center performs over 400 joint replacement cases per year. They have received JCI Disease Care Certification in 2016 benchmarking Bumrungrad against the best centers for joint replacement in the USA.
The following procedures are available at the Joint Replacement Center:
1. Knee Replacement Surgery: Total Knee Replacement (TKR)
a. Conventional surgery
b. Computer-assisted surgery (computer navigation)
c. Minimally invasive surgery (MIS)
2. Knee Replacement Surgery: Partial Knee Arthroplasty (PKA)
a. Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty (UKA)
b. Patellofemoral compartment (PFJ)
3. Hip Replacement Surgery: Total Hip Replacement Surgery (THR)
a. Robotic arm (MAKOplasty ) surgery
Spine Institute and Spine Surgery Center
The Bumrungrad Hospital Spine Institute offers complete surgical and non-surgical approaches to the treatment for diseases of the Spine including advanced state-of-the-art pain management treatment and procedures. This department is one of the largest and most comprehensive spine treatment centers in Asia.
The Spine Surgery Center offers the following wide array of procedures:
1. Anterior Cervical Discectomy and fusion (ACDF)
2. Artificial Cervical Disc replacement
3. Endo-OLIF (Endoscopically assisted Oblique lumbar interbody Fusion under O-arm navigation –Spine Surgery)
4. Endoscopic Decompression for Spinal Canal Stenosis
5. Endoscopic Discectomy for Lumbar and Cervical Disc Herniation
8. Mini-open- ALIF (Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion)
9. Percutaneous Transforaminal Lumber Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
10. Spinal fusion
11. Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty
In 2016, 1,607 spine surgeries were performed by the Spine Center physicians.
This is just a short list of the treatment options available at Bumrungrad and only three of the world class centres of excellence. To find out more about other treatment options or centres of excellence, please contact us.
To learn more about undertaking treatment at Bumrungrad International Hospital and to get a free treatment plan and treatment costing, please click the button below and fill out a short form with your details. A Senior Client Coordinator will then contact you shortly to discuss and coordinate with the specialists at Bumrungrad.
Find Out More
To find out more about IMT and the services available visit our website at www.intmedicaltreatment.com or call us today on +254 0740 409 727. You can also visit our office at The Mirage, 1st Floor, Tower 2, Chiromo, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya.