What You Need to Know about Dubai as an Overseas Medical Treatment Destination
Dubai is the second largest emirate of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), with the biggest population of slightly over 3 million people. Dubai is known and celebrated worldwide for its tremendous growth that has led to it becoming a global city, as well as a business and cultural hub for the Middle East and the Persian Gulf. Tourism is one of the most important sectors to the economy of Dubai; with its amazing sites and architecture, one of the largest shopping malls in the world (The Dubai Mall) and many other tourist attractions, it has gradually grown into one of the most popular tourist destinations.
Medical tourism in Dubai is another major attraction for people around the world. In 2016, the number of people seeking medical treatment in Dubai grew by 9.5% with over 325,000 medical tourists visiting the city from around the world. 37% of those who travelled to Dubai for medical treatment came from Asia, 31% of them were from the Gulf Cooperation Council States(GCC), 15% were from Europe, while 17% were from other parts of the world including Africa. This clearly demonstrates that people are embracing overseas medical treatment in Dubai – but why is that?
Why should you consider Dubai for your overseas medical treatment?
1. Proximity: Dubai is only one flight from most cities in Africa and therefore you do not have to worry about long flights when travelling for your overseas medical treatment
2. Cheap flights: Getting to Dubai is much cheaper than travelling to other medical treatment destinations such as India and that cuts on your total cost when getting treatment.
3. Wide range of experienced specialists: Dubai has 35,000 specialists from 110 nationalities who have experience in their various specialties and can offer quality diagnostic and medical treatment for those who seek medical treatment in Dubai.
4. Wide range of healthcare packages: Dubai offers 400 healthcare packages and therefore medical tourists have a wide range to choose from including; orthopaedics, cardiology, oncology, weight loss surgeries and cosmetic surgeries, among many other treatment options that people can seek treatment.
5. Many healthcare facilities: The 6 billion USD, Dubai Healthcare City which was established in 2002 has created a conducive environment for different hospitals to run and this has increased the number of healthcare providers who can ensure that quality healthcare is made available for the growing number of medical tourists from around the world. Dubai now boasts of 3,000 private healthcare facilities which can cater for its citizens and medical tourists from around the world.
6. Attractions: After getting your medical treatment, you can opt to tour the city and enjoy the beauty of Dubai, which will give you a much more relaxed recovery time before you can go back home.
7. Future goals: It only gets better; by the year 2020, Dubai aims to have 4,000 healthcare facilities and 40,000 specialists and that is another reason why you should consider making Dubai your medical treatment destination – more specialists and more healthcare facilities to choose from.
International Medical Treatment (IMT), partners with one of the leading hospital in the Middle East, American Hospital Dubai. The reasons we chose to partner with this hospital are as follows:
- American standards of healthcare: Our partner hospital offers American standards of medical treatment. Therefore, you do not have to travel all the way to the US to get world class medical treatment. It has brought the same standards of treatment closer to Africa, only one flight away from most cities in Africa.
- State-of-the-art facilities: The facilities available at the hospital are the latest and most advanced; offering quicker and more accurate diagnosis and treatment for complex conditions that people travel to seek treatment. An example is the da Vinci surgical System which is used to perform minimally invasive procedures that allow for faster healing and less scaring. The hospital has the 1st laboratory to be accredited 8 times in the Middle East by the College of American Pathologists.
- Wide variety of specialties: It offers diagnostic and treatment options for a variety of conditions including those related to nephrology, orthopaedics, oncology, cardiology, neurology, Gastroentology and many others. Medical tourists have a variety of services to choose from when seeking overseas medical treatment.
- Experienced Specialists: Specialists from American hospital have significant experience and most of them have undergone training in the US and Europe, which enables them to deliver the right comprehensive treatment to their patients.
- Accreditation: The hospital was the first private hospital in the Middle East to be accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI); a body that ensures a hospital adheres to the same high-quality standards as hospitals in the US.
- The hospital is also the first member of the prestigious Mayo Clinic Network from the Middle East. This ensures that the specialists are able to discuss complex cases with some of the best doctors around the world to ensure the best medical treatment.
- Comfort: You are assured of comfort for you or your loved one. The hospital has 254 beds including VIP and presidential suites which can guarantee you comfort during your treatment. You can also get additional services at the hospital such as Wi-Fi, cable television, room service, among other services that give you that 5-start experience you would get in a 5-star hotel. This offers a conducive environment for you to recover. The hospital stands out for its remarkable sensitivity to patients’ needs.
- International patients desk: The hospital has an international desk dedicated to catering for all the needs of international patients from around the world. The hospital is dedicated to make you feel at home by ensuring that your time at the hospital is pleasant and all your need are met.
Dubai is one medical tourism destination that will not only assure you of world class, advanced medical treatment for you or your loved one but also comfort during your treatment.
International Medical Treatment (IMT) works with American Hospital Dubai to help manage the entire process for people to undertake treatment at the hospital at no extra charge. If you are interested to undertake medical treatment at our partner hospital in Dubai, please contact us today to speak with a Senior Client Coordinator to find out more.