How do you choose which country for medical treatment?
Seeking overseas medical treatment can be a headache for most people, especially if you have to go through the entire process of finding a favourable country for treatment, narrowing your research down to a specific hospital, and then booking your doctor’s appointment, flights and accommodation.
People choose to get medical treatment overseas for many different reasons such as better facilities, a wider range of specialists, and better affordability.
However, choosing a country for treatment is not easy, especially if you have no idea where to start. That is why we at International Medical Treatment Ltd (IMT), have taken the time to create this informative piece to help you make the right decision and be able to choose a country that will suit your needs or those of your loved ones.
Choosing to go to the United States or Europe for medical treatment may help assure you of world class medical facilities, however, the cost of treatment is high. If you choose to go for medical treatment in either of the two, you have to be ready to spend more than you would probably spend in places such as India. It is important to understand this, so that as you make your choice of country for medical treatment, you are prepared mentally for the costs you will incur.
IMT has carried out a significant amount of research to ensure that the hospitals (and the countries) we choose to work with, are cost-effective and provide world class medical treatment to our clients. We only work with Joint Commission Accredited hospitals (JCI – which insures the same standards as hospitals in the US), in the following countries:
India has become a household name in many countries as far as medical treatment is concerned. Foreigners from all over the world, especially Africa, flood Indian hospitals seeking medical treatment. In 2015 and 2016, the number of international patients who travelled to India was 460,000.
In India, IMT works with top hospital groups that are Joint Commission (JCI) Accredited.
- India is the most cost-effective country to seek medical treatment in, and so many people find it more affordable to go there.
- State-of-the-art medical facilities are available in India, helping patients to get better diagnosis and treatment.
- India is accessible requiring not more than two flights from any African country.
- India however, presents a challenge because in some cases a patient’s personal contact with their treating doctor may be inadequate. This is a result of the large number of people seeking medical treatment and therefore can limit the consultation time with the doctors.
- Many Indian cities have large populations and a lot of traffic. When staying out of the hospital, getting around can take a significant amount of time.
Dubai has ambitions to become one of the major medical tourism destinations in the world. The launch of the 6 Billion US Dollar Dubai Healthcare City in 2002, saw the creation of a conducive environment for different hospitals to be run and allowed for more people from around the world to seek medical treatment in Dubai. In August 2017, the Dubai Healthcare City Authority (DHCA), partnered with Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA), enabling healthcare providers at DHCC to open branches in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO). This will, in turn, ensure that quality healthcare is available for more people around the world.
Our partner hospital in Dubai is a leading Hospital in the Middle East providing high quality medical treatment, ensuring American standard.
- The state-of-the-art facilities in Dubai is one factor why many people choose to go there for medical treatment.
- In Dubai, patients generally have more consultation time with their treating doctors and therefore get a better understanding of the medical condition they are dealing with and the treatment process.
- Patients get a high level of comfort during their treatment. This might mean getting services that make them feel more comfortable.
- Dubai is much cheaper to get to from places in Africa in terms of the travel costs.
It might be cheaper to get to Dubai from Africa, but the costs of treatment and accommodation are generally higher. A person seeking to go to Dubai for medical treatment would usually be one who is looking for more comfort during treatment and not one who is more concerned about the affordability of the treatment.
Most people are unaware of the fact that Thailand is a medical tourism destination. Did you know that 1.1 million patients are served at just one of our partner hospitals, with over 500,000 of those patients come from over 190 countries around the world?
With one of our partner hospitals in Thailand getting global recognition for being the 9th best hospital in the world as well as winning numerous awards such as oncology provider of the year for 2017, Thailand is without a doubt one medical tourism destination to look out for, when seeking overseas medical treatment.
- The availability of state-of-the-art medical equipment assures clients of high quality diagnosis and treatment for even complex conditions.
- Thailand is more affordable when compared to Dubai, with a similar standard of comfort.
- Accessibility- Clients do not require more than two flights to get to Thailand, with direct flights from a few African Countries including Kenya.
- A high level of customer care, aimed at making one feel more at home during your treatment. When walking around the hospital, there is always a customer care representative to help.
- Thailand is further away from Africa than Dubai and India.
- Treatment is a bit more expensive in Thailand when compared to India.
Why go through the entire process of trying to find the right hospital and treatment overseas on your own when you can have someone to take care of the process for you?
IMT could be just what you have been looking for!
We provide you with a client coordinator, at no cost, who carries out the entire facilitation process from the initial enquiry, through finding a good quality hospital in a country that will suit your or your loved one’s needs, through getting you treatment options from specialists at our partner hospitals, through booking doctor’s appointments, through making travel arrangements to and from the country you choose for your treatment and even to following up before, during and after your treatment.
The significant amount of time we have taken to research the best quality medical treatment overseas, ensures that our clients get world class medical treatment at an affordable price. You can rely on us to link you with some of the best hospitals.
Other relevant articles
Find Out More
To find out more about IMT and the services available visit our website at www.intmedicaltreatment.com or call/WhatsApp us today on +254 0740 409 727. You can also visit our office at The Mirage, 1st Floor, Tower 2, Chiromo, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya.