Experience Affordable World Class Healthcare
Serving over 500,000 patients, including more than 50,000 international patients every year, Sunway Medical Centre, Malaysia, is a medical tourism destination to consider when seeking high quality, affordable healthcare services overseas.
The hospital, since its inception in 1999, has grown tremendously to earn its place among the best hospitals in the Asia-Pacific region.
Facts about Malaysia
Located in South-east Asia, Malaysia is one of the most amazing countries in the world with a population of about 31 million people including people from around the world. The Chinese and Indians are among the major races in the country. In the past 50 years, Malaysia has developed enormously becoming the 3rd largest economy in Southeast Asia after Thailand and Indonesia. Its capital Kuala Lumpur is the fastest growing metropolitan area in the country with an estimated population of over 7.2 million people. The city has modern buildings, modern light rail transit and numerous luxurious shopping malls, among many other amenities comparable to those found in first world countries.
Malaysian Ringgit (RM) is Malaysia’s currency and Malay (Bahasa Melayu) is the official language in Malaysia. However, English is also commonly spoken in the country as it is one of the compulsory subjects taught in schools. Even though Islam is the official religion in the country, other faiths like Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism are also practised by Malaysians.
Malaysia has a pleasant topical climate; generally hot and humid throughout the year. This, and the rich culture of its people, are some of the reasons that the country is a great tourism destination. The growth of tourism is one major element that has, in turn, lead to a significant growth of the country’s medical sector as more and more patients seek healthcare services in the country.
Why Consider Sunway Medical Centre for your Overseas Medical Treatment?
Sunway Medical Centre located within the amazing Sunway City, Malaysia, and is one of the leading private medical centres in the region. These are some of the reasons why you should consider it:
- Adoption of the Latest Technology: The growth of technology has in a significant way impacted healthcare, making it possible to more effectively and efficiently diagnose and treat even complex diseases. Sunway Medical Centre has invested a great deal in the latest medical technology presenting patients with more advanced treatment option like minimally invasive surgeries and robotic surgeries, among others that make it possible for patients to heal faster and thereby, have less hospital stays. Some of these technologies are:
1. Gamma Knife ICON
2. Varian Truebeam STx
3. 4-D PET/CT scanner
4. da Vinci® Si Surgical
5. Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT)
6. Spect-Ct scan
8. Philip Azurion Accessibility
Apart from technology, the hospital also has adequate facilities to cater for the growing number of patients; over 600 licensed beds, 40 critical care units and 12 operating theatres.
- Variety of Specialties: Patients travel to get treatment for a wide variety of health problems, and putting this into consideration, Sunway provides 60 medical Specialties from which patients with a variety of conditions can choose the appropriate Specialty centre to seek treatment. These include Oncology, Cardiology, Fertility, Neurology, Urology, Aesthetic and Laser Centre among other Specialty centres that offer high quality diagnostic and treatment services for all patients of all ages. The hospital also provides comprehensive health check-up packages for men, women and even children, at affordable prices.
- Experienced Specialists: Sunway Medical Centre has employed more than 2000 staff including some of the best medical professionals with comprehensive experience in their respective specialties. All medical specialists are dedicated to providing patient-centred medical treatment putting the patient first. The hospital is affiliated with several medical institutions like the University of Cambridge, Harvard Medical School, Monash University Malaysia, Royal Papworth Hospital and the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine to meet the demands of education, research and clinical care. This ensures that the hospital gets highly qualified medical professionals which is fundamental in enabling high quality medical services to be provided to all patients.
- Affordability: Medical treatment is generally a very costly part of life, especially if you are paying for it from your own pocket. Sunway Medical Centre provides affordable healthcare services without compromise on quality. The cost of treatment at this hospital is actually comparable to India. For instance, Single (Unilateral) Knee Replacement in India costs between USD 3,500 – 8,500 and Double (Bilateral) Knee Replacement costs between USD 6,500 – 14,500 while at Sunway Medical Centre, the costs are USD 6,331.23 for Single Knee Replacement and USD 10, 870.61 for Double Knee Replacement, inclusive of implants.
- Accreditations and Awards: Sunway Medical Centre is a Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) and an Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) accredited private hospital. Apart from these and several other accreditations, the hospital has received a significant number of awards including:
1. Oncology Service Provider of the Year in Asia Pacific 2018
2. Neurology Service Provider of the Year in Asia Pacific 2018
3. Best Fertility Centre 2018
4. Orthopaedic Service Provider of The Year 2017
5. Best Marketing Initiative 2017
6. Hospital of The Year Malaysia Award 2016
7. Cosmetic Surgery & Aesthetics Service Provider of The Year 2016
- Accessibility: Malaysia is easily accessible from most parts of the world. People from the majority of countries, including Somalia, can actually get their visas on arrival unlike other medical tourism destination. Sunway Medical Centre is actually in close proximity to Kuala Lumpur International Airport making it an appropriate destination for people seeking treatment at the hospital.
- International Patients Centre: With over 52,000 patients visiting Sunway Medical Centre every year, the hospital has taken the necessary measures to ensure that international patients feel comfortable during their visits. The hospital has ensured this through the international patients’ centre which caters for their non-medical needs like offering translators for those who need them, among other services that make their visits worthwhile.
- Great friendly Environment: With Sunway Medical Centre is part of the Sunway City which is a thriving city consisting of the Sunway Lagoon, Sunway Hotel and the Sunway Shopping mall. This allows for care givers or companions to enjoy leisure, entertainment and shopping activities to keep them occupied as they continue to take care of their loved ones.