Health for All
About 69 years ago, the World Health Day was started to highlight important health issues like mental health and maternal health. This day plays a significant role in making people aware of the major health issues being faced globally, and thereby, making steps in determining the way forward for these issues.
Last year, the theme for the WHD was Universal Health Coverage; everyone, everywhere. That still stand to be the theme for 2019. With over 800 million people globally, being forced to spend a minimum of 10 per cent of their income on inflated healthcare services for themselves and their families, universal health coverage remains a major public health issue to tackle. That said, 2019 marks the continuation of the Universal Health Coverage theme for the WHD seeking to make good quality healthcare available for all.
To get a better understanding of what UHC is all about, click here.
Accessing high quality medical services
Everyone, regardless of their location has the right to access quality healthcare services (prevention, treatment, rehabilitation as well as palliative care) anytime they need them without financial issues being a barrier.
International Medical Treatment Ltd (IMT) understands how important accessing high quality medical services is and as such, we continue to help people from around the world to find exactly that. We partner with some of the leading hospitals in the world; the 9th best hospital in the world which is located in Bangkok, Thailand (Bumrungrad International Hospital) and the hospital of the year, India, for several consecutive years (Apollo Hospital).
How does it work?
- Once a patient reaches out to us whether through a phone call, filling in a full form through our website or physically visiting our office, an IMT client coordinator has an initial discussion with the patient. This helps us to understand the patient’s needs and assist him or her in choosing a hospital from which to get a treatment plan.
- When the client has picked a hospital they would prefer for their treatment, we then go ahead and request that they send all their medical records, or the most recent ones. We send those reports to the hospital overseas and get a treatment plan from the specialist at that particular hospital.
- Immediately the treatment plan is sent back to us, the client coordinator shares it with the patient and then discusses the same with the client. From that, the client can choose on whether to go on with the process of travelling overseas for their medical treatment.
- If the patient chooses to go on with the process, we can get the patient a letter of invitation from the hospital they have chosen which helps in getting a visa. We also book for the doctor’s consultation, flights and accommodation. We can also arrange for an airport transfer for those who are in need of it.
- Once the patient has travelled, the client coordinator assigned to the patient, remains in contact with the patient to be of assistance in case any issue arises.
- Even after completing their treatment and returning home, the client coordinator checks on the patient to know how they are doing after the treatment and if need be, arranges for a post-return consultation with the treating doctor overseas. We also ensure that the patient’s local doctor gets the medical reports from the hospital overseas which can be discussed with the patient if continued care is needed.
IMT is playing its role in helping patients from around the world find high quality healthcare in a wide variety of specialties and advanced medical diagnostic and treatment equipment.
Want to find out more? Contact IMT today.
Find Out More
To find out more about IMT and the services available visit our website at www.intmedicaltreatment.com or call us today on +254 0740 409 727. You can also visit our office at The Mirage, 1st Floor, Tower 2, Chiromo, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya.