Robotic Arm Assisted Joint Replacement Surgery use the MAKOplasty® Systems – Some of the advantages include:
• Precise artificial joint placement results in less soft tissue trauma and minimal bone resection.
• Artificial knee and hip joints last longer than when implanted with other techniques.
• The patient is generally able to return home quicker.
• In knee replacement surgery, the patient will be able to move their knee naturally since the tendons at the front and behind the knees as well as the surrounding cartilage are not affected during the procedure.
• By performing surgery through the small incision of the minimally invasive surgical technique, the robotic arm enables the surgeon to remove and shave off only the necessary parts of the bone, thus reducing pain and speeding up the recovery process.