Malaysia as a medical tourism destination is nothing new. In 2019, the country was ranked the top medical tourism destination in the world, by the International Medical Travel Journal (IMTJ) having attracted approximately 1.3 million international patients in that year alone.
Malaysia even surpassed the US which recorded only about 550,000 international patients in the same year. A US-based International Living Magazine also acknowledged Malaysia as the Best Country in the world for Healthcare.
What makes Malaysia’s Healthcare stand out?
Parkinson’s disease is a neurological disease that affects a person’s quality of life, social interaction and their financial condition. It is characterized by:
- Affordability: Compared to other medical treatment destinations like the UK and US, Malaysia is fairly cheap when it comes to medical treatment. The affordability of medical services in Malaysia, however, does not compromise on quality. Medical treatment in the country is a combination of quality and favourable prices. So whether you’re paying from your pocket or through insurance, you can be assured to get value for your money.
- World class hospitals: Malaysia has amazing hospitals, like the Sunway Medical Centre which offers high quality medical treatment using the latest state-of-the-art medical equipment including:
1. Zeiss INTRABEAM Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT) that is used to deliver radiotherapy directly to the tumour bed while reducing exposure to normal cells, and
2. The da Vinci robotic surgical system that enable surgery with precision and control such as in tumour removal.
The hospitals have highly trained doctors and specialists, most of whom are trained at academic hospitals in countries like the United Kingdom, United States and Australia, among others.
They also offer a wide range of medical specialties from which patients can choose from including oncology, orthopaedic and cardiology, among many others, meaning patients can get a variety of services under one roof instead of moving from one hospital to the other. This also allows specialist to work together to provide patient-centred treatment plans.
- Language: Malaysia, having a multi-lingual population, means that the language barrier is reduced, and patients are more comfortable as they naturally prefer to be in places where they are understood and can avoid the need for translators.
- Travel Ease: Most people travelling to Malaysia are not required to have a visa, making the travel process much easier as compared to other countries which have many requirements even for those travelling for medical treatment.
- Hospitality: Malaysia is known for the hospitality of its people. Malaysians like the people in most Asian countries are hospitable making your stay pleasant.
- A developed tourism sector: Beautiful architecture, diverse culture and the amazing tropical climate all year round are some of the attractions that have led to the growth of tourism in Malaysia and as tourism grew, it also impacted the rise of medical tourism in the country.
Sunway Medical Centre
Sunway Medical Centre is International Medical Treatment’s partner hospital in Malaysia. The hospital offers outstanding medical services with doctors and specialists who have been trained in some of the best medical training institutions like Cambridge University and Harvard Medical School.
The hospital has won several awards including:
“Best Oncology Service Provider in Asia Pacific 2019”,
“Medical Tourism Hospital of the Year in Asia Pacific” – 2019 and
“Best Neurology Service Provider in Asia Pacific” – 2019.
Click the button below to find out more about Sunway Medical Centre.
How IMT can help
We, at International Medical Treatment (IMT), are experienced facilitators who can link you with some of the best specialists in our partner hospitals in Thailand,
Singapore, Malaysia, UAE, India and Turkey.
We are here to help. By using IMT you will be assured of the following:
You will get a free, dedicated client coordinator who will help you coordinate with our partner hospitals to provide you, for free, with treatment plans and quotes to allow you to make an informed decision about which hospital and treatment is right for you.
All our partner hospitals are internationally accredited (JCI) and are the top hospitals in each country. We only work with the market leading hospitals.
If you arrange things through us you will never pay more than if you were to contact the hospitals directly.
No waiting times.
No hidden fees, no obligations- receive a free, dedicated coordinator from IMT to help coordinate and book your international medical treatment.
Find Out More
To find out more about IMT and the services available visit our website at www.intmedicaltreatment.com or call us today on +254 0740 409 727. You can also visit our office at The Mirage, 1st Floor, Tower 2, Chiromo, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya.